Smart Technology To Make Your Home Safer
- Smart Locks: Smart locks are a high-tech, and wireless locks that give you access to your home without your keys. This helps eliminate the risk of losing or having your keys stolen. Some smart locks allow you to create entry codes at any time so you can customize codes for certain times of day, so perhaps have one for a cleaner or your dog walker.
- Video Doorbells: This is another popular option! These have cameras and video that allows you to talk to people at your front door. Since 65% of home invasions happen during the day when you’re likely not home, this can be an added layer to deter intruders. You can have a picture as evidence if there is suspicious activity.
- Automated Lighting: This is an excellent way to program lights and devices to make it look like your home is occupied while you may be away. There is the option to invest in an entirely new lighting system to include smart outlets and appliances, or you can decide to buy individual smart bulbs to control your lights via Wi-Fi.
- Security Cameras and Motion-Activated Lights: These are also helpful if you are away from home. You can deter suspicious activity and in some cases even catch intruders with the footage from your video camera.
- Smart Thermostats: Regardless of how old your home is, it can benefit from preventative tools such as these. Your smart thermometer can get acquainted with your preferred temperatures and keep your home’s temperature accordingly. This is energy efficient and will save you money in the long run. It may also come in handy if you’re away from home and the weather changes, since you can easily remote control your temperature directly from a phone app in a lot of cases.
Considering implementing these smart devices in your home. They are affordable and easy to install and the trade off is a peace of mind that when you may be away from home, you’ve implemented safety measurements to keep the risks lowered.